The start of a Library

How comprehensive was it for you?
Rocker
Globetrotter

The start of a Library

Post by Rocker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 am

A friend of mine had an old house that was falling down. There were a few options..pull it down and start again or renovate..both daunting but renovation it was. The family are/were hoarders and the builder said he needed vacant possession......Santa's helpers set to and sorted ...all the newer, decent books were examined.some older family members had been interested in art and everyone they knew had sent catalogues, arty books, brochures,gorgeous stuff from exhibitions around the world but, we didn't know anyone who would want. A chance desperate plea elicited the fact that Sallynoggin Senior College was going to start an arty library. We filled the car with boxes and brought the books to a bright new home where they will be appreciated.

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White

Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: The start of a Library

Post by Rocker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:40 am

I often wonder if this library was ever organised in the college. Maybe Strum you would look around and see?

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White

Strum
Administrator

Re: The start of a Library

Post by Strum » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Not that I know of Rocker. In the library itself there's a bookcase of novels for borrowing but it's mainly used for classes and computer research, but the Art class itself is loaded with related Art books so any would be welcome if they're specifically art related. ;)