Nutrition Tips - Alternatives for good health

Courses, Learning, Schools, Colleges and Life.
Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: Moan of the Month

Post by Rocker » Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 pm

OMG Strum,

That is an incredible story. I am such a junk merchant and overweight and every so often decide to go on a health kick. You have jolted me into action. Years ago I bought a juicer and it gathers dust on the counter top along with the rotting bowl of fruit which I must get around to eating. We eat way too much bread and potatoes. When the BSE scare was on we didnt eat meat for about a year and did feel a lot better but we are not clued into nuts,soya, tofu and other alternatives.
Over thirty years ago my friend had three months to live with cancer and she started on a whole food regime, mainly rice and pulses. It worked she is now 86 and in tip top condition living her second life in Spain. She astounded the experts at the time. She also is a remarkable strong willed, tough woman which I think helps.

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Forget the Juicer Rocker. I have one. Total waste. Throw 6 Apples in there and what do you get? About a half a glass of Apple Juice. Now what do you do with all the wasted pulp? Garden? Yeah. No actually. There is too much of it. Composter maybe but the waste doesn't justify the amount of Juice you get.
These are the best veg and Fruit you can eat, preferably raw. They not only prevent Cancer but actually KILL Cancer Cells, but your GP and the big Pharma Corporations don't want you to know that now do they?

Kiwi Fruit
Bananas
Celery
Garlic
Broccoli
Cauliflower
The Kernel in fresh Apricot seeds.
Olives
THC in Marijuana actually prevents Cancer from even forming in your system.
Vitamin C is also a blocker.

My Mothers Bridge partner had been a GP like his Dad before him. He was 103 the last time I met him picking her up, yes he was still driving, looked about 70 years old. His secret?
Back in the 40's / 50's he was dying of Tuberculosis as were many many people across Europe and his Dad overdosed him with Garlic.
Yep, just Garlic and warm Water.
Swallow one Clove of Garlic every morning with a glass of warm water. It doesn't repeat or smell off you breath if you just swallow it.

See you in Mc Cormacks for your Centenary Birthday. :D

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Strum,

Really appreciate this. Well worth a try. I worked with a slip of a girl who ate garlic every day and looks 20 even thought she is 50. Will get some tomorrow. About twenty years ago I was knackered with arthritis and started to follow a regime written by a chap called Holford mainly supplements he wrote a book Say No to Arthritis. My doctor laughed at me but eventually Holford became recognised and with that, cod liver oil and stretching exercises with a group called the Fitness League I never had an ache again.

William Allen White

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I too am thrilled by this & willing to give it a go, my poor husband jim has'nt a clue how his diets about to change ;)

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Thu May 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Jaaaaaazzzzzz Strum-
well done my friend-----
There is a lot in what you have said --
I know a friend of mine has been on the garlic for most of his life and apart from the odd winter sniffles he is as healthy as an athlete-
think I missed on on something.
-------------------------
Rocker I have to agree with you on the Cod Liver oil -----
when it was forced down our throats as kids we hated it with a vengence-
but it seems to be the No1 for keeping arthritis at bay.
-==========================================
The BIG one that we all forget about -believe it or not is normal everyday out of your cold tap water -
We have been bambooozeled over the last number of years by companies bottling water and telling us thru' the mouths of fab looking movie stars who hold the bottle in their hands -with the label towards the camera - :D
of the health giving qualities of X brand pure mountain stream water -that has taken thousands of years to filter down from the icy mountain tops of -what ever virgin mountain ( :D :D :D :D )
and then put a best before date on their plastic bottles-
Lets not forget a company the biggest brand name in the world were caught redhanded bottling tap water in the US and passing it off as spring water --
Tap water here is the purist that can be had-I know all the heads will come out of the woodwork with -theres flouride in it -
but I still have my teeth -so Im happy :D :D :D :D :D
as they say everything in moderation -

sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 am

Yep all true Grammer. :D

I had Arthritis so bad in my shoulder years ago that I couldn't even lift my arm up. I was on steroid shots for 18 months but that was the limit and it came back with a vengeance and all my GP could give me were anti-inflammatories and pain killers which I didn't want to take (I don't take any prescribed medicines) and a bloke mentioned Cod Liver Oil so at that stage I would have tried anything. One glug a day with a swig of Milk to wash it down and within two months the Arthritis had completely vanished for the first time in about three years. I still take it every morning and my shoulder is perfect and it never came back. That is about ten years now. I told my GP who told me that that was nonsense, that I was imagining it.
So that confirmed it for me that Doctors don't want us taking alternatives. I wonder why? :evil:

By the way, the easiest way to take a full clove of Garlic is to buy the stuffed olives with them and squeeze them out of the olives. They are soft and oily and easy to swallow. ;)
Not only does Garlic prevent Cancer it also levels out your blood pressure and Cholesterol.

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

I don't have a link to that Dancer. Just happened to read it the same morning that Grammer had posted. :D

Here's another.

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Fri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Strum,

There will be no vampires in Blackrock after this morning. I cut the garlic into manageable bits and took with warm water not easy :!: then I read your simplified version. My friend says she got a jar of garlic bulbs in Aldi or Lidl for pence the other day so I'll look out for the softer option. The kitchen smells great though!! she thought I'd made garlic bread for her :D :D
Up with me this evening to the supermarket to get the vegs as they say there is" none so pure as the reformed lady" (censored the correct word).

William Allen White

Rocker
Globetrotter

Nutrition Tips - Alternatives for good health

Post by Rocker » Fri May 25, 2012 6:16 pm

As Grammer started the topic in Moan of the Month and as we are all finding good tips I took it upon myself to move it to it's own spot. Education seemed a good place.
Last edited by Rocker on Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

William Allen White

grammer
The Spoon

Re: Quack Nutrition Tips - Alternatives for good health

Post by grammer » Fri May 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Well porridge was always a good breakfast-- :D :D :D
the old guys used to say -"you could jump an nine bar gate after eating it every morning" :D :D :D :D :D

sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers

Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: Nutrition Tips - Alternatives for good health

Post by Rocker » Mon May 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Two other health tips I got today don't know how good they are but interesting

Cayenne pepper is regarded as a blood thinner take one eight a teaspoon - tiny amount in two teaspoonsful of water followed by a glass of water every day.

Cinnamon keeps blood sugar down sprinkle it on everything - porridge, buns, coffee, bread.

And on the porridge that Grammer recommends for jumping over the gate put loads of seeds, pumpkin,sunflower, flaxseed - you can get them milled together in a pouch packet that lasts for ages.Any good health food shop has them.

William Allen White

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Sorry folks, this post went missing while I was moving them over so it's now on top. Sorry about that. :D

I just read this, this morning. :D

THE PROTEIN MYTH.....Too bad this kind of information wasn't OUT in the public back in the 40's thru the 90's....imagine how many millions of people believed this myth that animal flesh foods were the best to consume for protein?
I was told this for years....then just a few years later, I came down with Bladder cancer. Within 3 months on fresh vegetable juicing, the mysterious and life threatening challenge I was facing gracefully disappeared.

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Thank you Strum for moving all the posts. I feel better already. :) :)

William Allen White

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 am

Ok think Im a moan now :D :D
Im starting to try out one of theses from tomorrow -VAPSTICK
Ive had a few goes at it today -but Im really into it tomorrow
Just have to say I googled it and came up with this vid
would'nt you just love to zap the arrogant bixxxch
===================
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og9Z7UUU ... re=related
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 am

Grammer,

Are you serious :?: Sounds interesting. But, they are still putting the nicotine into it ..the drug. Some family members have been nagged ??? into giving up smoking and what swung it in the end was putting the €8 per pack in a box every evening. One of them was putting €40 away every evening. Ten years later they have a couple of decent cameras, decent computers, a couple of holliers a year and much better health. We worked out that a million had gone up in smoke over the last forty years just in this house

William Allen White

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Tue May 29, 2012 6:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
when you say it like that -that is some money Rocker.!!!!

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Tue May 29, 2012 6:57 pm

My Nicotine habit is reduced to 12 euros a week since I started roiling my own about 18 Months ago. I know, still smoking BUT saving 56 quid a week.
I get it as cheap as I can from various contacts. 50grams for 8 quid.
Blame the government that I seek out cheaper tobacco. When will they ever learn.

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 am

Good list there Strum
but as I wont be going out to Spuds side of the world I wont need the lemons and the limes :D :D :D :D
In the the good old bad old days -sea farers used to have to take supplies of lemons and limes to combat scurvy etc -the trip to Van Demons land and Cooks Island used to take up to 6/8 weeks -
but that was a wasted sentence I know -cos everyone on here knows that :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Strum
Administrator

Post by Strum » Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 am

grammer wrote: but that was a wasted sentence I know -cos everyone on here knows that :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fresh Ginger is good for senility. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 am

Strum,

I love this list there are loads of things I like on it. Never had chestnuts, will have to try the ginger too. Great aromas from the kitchen

William Allen White

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:42 pm

The most infamous of all-
What are the Benefits of Castor Oil?
Castor Oil has been used both internally and externally for thousands of years due to its many wonderful health benefits. Since it can strengthen the immune system, castor oil is considered a great remedy to treat the following major illnesses and ailments:

•Multiple Sclerosis
•Parkinson's Disease
•Cerebral Palsy
•Hair loss
•Pain from Arthritis and Rheumatism
It has also been found to help with many everyday problems such as:
•Yeast Infections•Constipation•Gastrointestinal Problems•Menstrual Disorders•Migraines•Acne•Sunburn
•Athlete's Foo•Ringworm•Skin Abrasions•Inflammation
Arthritis Natural Remedy
The anti-inflammatory properties of Castor Oil make it an excellent massage oil for relieving arthritic joints, nerve inflammations, and sore muscles.
•Make a small pad by folding a small piece of unbleached cotton flannelette into 3 or 4 layers.
•Dip the cotton pad into Castor Oil and place it on to the affected joint or muscle.
•Cover the pad with a plastic wrap.
•Place a hot water bottle or heating pad over the plastic wrapped cotton pad. The plastic wrap will prevent the water bottle or heating pad from getting oily.
•Leave the cotton pad on for 45 minutes to an hour, once per day

grammer
The Spoon

Post by grammer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:44 pm

I was gonna mention Senna pods-but that would really be stirring the xxxxxxxt :D :D :D :D :P :P

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Grammer,

Here is another one for Castor Oil.. put three eggcup full of Castor Oil on your hair, rub it in and leave for twelve hours then wash out. Tried and trusted remedy for thinning hair.Don't go like the grandkids asking me what is an eggcup? - its a small yoke which holds a boiled egg!! So you could use 3 large tablespoons of oil.

William Allen White

Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Post by Denis Cromie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Have a new name for Grammer, MEDICINE MAN. So you Squaws better watch out. He'll be selling snake oil next. :lol: