Honeypark, Bears, Pigs, Slop and the missing House.

People, places, stories.
Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: Honeypark, Bears, Pigs, Slop and the missing House.

Post by Rocker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm

see previous page for details of cycle/walkways new openings.
Attachments
Honeypark resize.png
Honeypark resize.png (602.49 KiB) Viewed 462 times

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White

Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by Holla » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:07 am

What's your favourite or most memorable topic I have to vote this topic my number one it's the one that sticks in my mind as funny informative and engaging we got great mileage out of this one 😊.

bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Post by bugrock » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:22 am

wHERE'S ME GHOST?

pullvb

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 am

Holla wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:07 am
What's your favourite or most memorable topic I have to vote this topic my number one it's the one that sticks in my mind as funny informative and engaging we got great mileage out of this one 😊.
mileage!!! the amount of time I got HID to come with me to walk around Dún Laoghaire to try and find the missing house. Then we spent hours on google maps trawling up and down the streets of the town. Though, I have to say it was a great learning curve as I got very familiar with the various roads and marvelled at people's gardens and the great paint jobs on their doors and looking in the windows of those without curtains!! all research you know!!
The slops was a good one. We would have been a slop family from the Rock yeavb When I was doing the family history and was looking through some record for people hauled in for activities in the 20's one of my Grand Uncles was termed a "slopman". I still love a pork chop especially from Hicks.

William Allen White

Toss
The Man.

Post by Toss » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:58 am

I agree Rocker ... the mystery house was a great laugh and had us all on high alert.

According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 am

Honey Park and the new place across the road Cualanor is the new "in" place to live. Just saw some houses advertised from 600,000 to 1.75million. I'll have to go around and look see.

William Allen White

Sinead
Skies are Blue

Post by Sinead » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 pm

I hear the Honey Park Development has a large portion of Social Housing.
Don't go to the Big Washing Machines or Driers near Honey Park Tesco unless you have a few heavies with you. There is a group of young boys and girls aged about 9 to 11 and they will terrorise you, the girls are worse than the boys. The language is very bad and the attitude is 'I can do what I want' 'you can't stop me' as one of them attempts to remove your clothes from the dryer!

Toss
The Man.

Post by Toss » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Sinead wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 pm
I hear the Honey Park Development has a large portion of Social Housing.
Don't go to the Big Washing Machines or Driers near Honey Park Tesco unless you have a few heavies with you. There is a group of young boys and girls aged about 9 to 11 and they will terrorise you, the girls are worse than the boys. The language is very bad and the attitude is 'I can do what I want' 'you can't stop me' as one of them attempts to remove your clothes from the dryer!
Ahhh the poor children must have nothing to do, there's nothing for them around here......... BangHead

Sadly that is nothing new Sinead and the little darlings are getting worse, but what can you do given the way the state has promoted childrens rights ? if an adult so much as looks disapprovingly at a child, its bullying / intimidation / victimisation / threatening behaviour ... the liberal approach to parenting has created monsters and society is afraid to deal with it.

A few years ago I watched as a gang of traveller children run into a newsagents in the square Tallaght with the eldest being a girl in her early teens. They ransacked the shop causing confusion and grabbing as much as they could. The young guy behind the counter ran out and caught one of them, he was trying to hold on when the teenage girl got involved. She tried to free her little brother and was losing the battle when she suddenly started shouting that's abuse .... he's a pervert, dirty f-ing peado pervert !! needless to say the shop assistant let go with shock and the gang ran out with their pockets full. A security guard arrived and was about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit, it appears it is commonplace and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....

Rocker
Globetrotter

Post by Rocker » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:37 pm

I normally am pretty pro traveller. But, the other early evening we were taking a DART and some nice young girls got on at Killiney a few stops later I noticed a bit of a commotion at the other end of the carriage and a traveller girl about 15 years was kicking a school bag of one of the Killiney girls. Her friend sat in the same seat and pinned the girl inside. She wanted to get off and had to climb over the two retrieving her battered bag. I went down to them and asked why the wanted to bully the girl. They looked at me as if I was mad and retorted "Do you know you are an old hag" I smiled and said "yes I do, but, do you know you are a bully"??. they then thought they would try and pick on me and followed me to my seat. I squared up to them. Something in my demeanour must have signalled to them that I have dealt with bigger and better than them over the years. I know at my age now I wouldn't win a kicking battle but my look must have said "try me" as they turned and got off at the next stop. that night in the city we witnessed a lot of young anti social stuff. Sad but it seems out of control.

William Allen White